I had been looking for a CSS layout that has three components - a header, footer and content area - and the following characteristics:
- When the content in the content area does not fill the available window space the footer should be set to the bottom of the page.
- When the content overflows the footer should be positioned at the end of the document, off the screen.
- The content area should fill at least all remaining window space so that any object I put inside it can scale to 100% of its height.
- The content area should have a minimum height so that it won't look silly in a very tiny window (unlikely)
- If the user resizes the browser the content area should resize.
View Sample (new window)